Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Improve your snatch

Here's a post from Mike Mahler on improving snatch numbers.

When people say kb's can't get you big I show them pictures of you...they stop talking soon after that!

From: SgtCross
Subject: Fitness
Date/Time 2005-02-01 21:05:35
Remote IP: 70.182.111.139

Message
I am definitely buying your DVD as soon as I have the money! The money of a college student is not too long. It means a lot to your potential customers that you tell them you don't leave any information or exercises out of your materials. It tells us we are getting what we expect and are paying for!

On a side note, my goal is to get up to 30 reps per arm with the 24kg in the snatch. My current best is 15 with each arm. I am wanting to go to the RKC in April. I have been training for about 4 months now at 5'10" and 173 lbs. I know you don't want to give away info in your material for free, but any help you can give would be awesome! Thank you for everything!

Semper Fi,
Ethan Cross, Sgt. USMC

Improving snatch #s. {con’t from above.}

Thanks for the praise and here is what I would do to get your snatch numbers up. Try doing 2x10 7 days a week with the 53lb kettlebell. In week two, do 2x11 7 days a week, week three do 2x12 etc. By week five you will be up to 2x15. Take two days off after week five and test your max. I bet you will nail at least 25 reps. Then start another cycle this time at 12 reps and add a rep every week for five weeks and test your max again.

The key is that you have to do 2 sets every day. Not every other day, not twice a week, but every day. Take two minute breaks between each set. Do no more than two sets. Just get in the pattern of doing two sets everyday no matter what.

Mike Mahler

No comments: