Thursday, June 28, 2007

Two Views on Emotional Control.


I've been thinking a lot lately about emotional control.
For a long time I thought that the best way to deal with my emotions was to try to a appreciate them for the energies that they are manifesting but recently I came to the realization that I can just let them go.

I've known about the Buddhist idea of non attachment for a long time, and I've also known about the Sedona method for a while as well, but until just a few days ago I viewed them as a type of repression. I saw them as a denial of the unity of existence and nothing more.
I still think that adopting this type of practice to deal with your emotions is in a sense a denial, but now I've also come to realize that they are just too darn practical (especially when you first start trying to control your emotions) to ignore.
Let go of emotions for now, then when your living in some sort of state of imperturbability move on the trance of wonder to gain that sense of unity.

I'll go into it a bit more later.

No comments: