Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Bio Notes

Here's another poem I wrote in high school. I really had no intentions or vision when I was writing it I just started putting words together when I was bored in Bio. I found it a couple years after I finished school on a page of notes so I just decided to call it "bio notes". I'm sure someone could start interpreting it to mean all sorts of things, especially as a position statement about the death penalty. I actually tried to interpret it a couple different ways and it does seem perfect in it's own quirky way but I'm constantly forced to consider whether or not the original intentions behind writing it affect the artistic value. Does the fact that I wrote unconsciously destroy any sort of artistic value? Could it elevate the value? I dunno. All I know is that I still enjoy reading it when I come across it.

Bio Notes.

Should one be let to live lest
Lives be lost to him?
Should lives lost
Be let to die
While mourning eyes be dry?
Death comes swift and lives as well
Come through to die in lives of hell.
Soft loves and thrashing hates
Come when life to death negates.
‘Till last light lifts ‘pon veils of eyes
Shall death come swift to he who dies.

No comments: