Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Harmony of the World.

What makes me think the world is harmonious? I see the world as a body. I see every element in the world as a cell within that body. This body desires health and optimal functioning just like any other body. It has mechanisms in place that provide self correction. It has a multitude of elements with individual functions that all rely heavily on each other.
I also compare the world to the internet sometimes. Consider what would happen to a website that serves no purpose, that doesn't further the general interests of the internet (considered as an organism. BTW the interest of the internet might be something like efficient information transfer or something like that). Such sites (I've ran across a few, usually trying to sell some crap) never get visitors. The life blood stops flowing towards it and it eventually dies.
The world is similar though sometimes it might be difficult to appreciate that since you're looking at it from within. It can be difficult to see the entirety of a room while standing inside it. You can only really appreciate it wholistically from an elevated perspective. But I can sometimes see the harmony of things even from where I'm standing. Sometimes.
I can see the sun that causes the grass to grow, the grass feeding the cows, the cows feeding us, us appreciating the sun.
I can see life in alternating cycles of living and death. Both complementing each other. Each one necessary for the other to exist.
I can see that when something (seemingly insignificant) is removed from the system (e.g. extinction) the whole system feels the effects.
I see the resolution of the "schizophrenic observer" paradox in quantum physics being resolved by the assumption of a single universal mind.
I see the singularity from which we came and to which we are returning. All in the same boat.
The world is a whole. At least the way I see it.

No comments: