Monday, April 30, 2007

7 Ways to Dramatically Improve your Life

I read the other day that some sci-fi writer (don't remember who) wrote something like 400 books in life, a bunch of screenplays and some other crap. He said he was able to do this by starting every morning with writing a bunch of nonsense. He would just sit down and empty his head of all sorts of diarrhea. Then from this offal he would pick out some ideas and just go hard for the rest of the day. "Good idea" I thought. I had played with this technique on my own when I was a teen and it dramatically improved my creativity. I was never at a loss for something to write about and everything I wrote was some degree of decent. I revisited this concept a few times throughout the years but never consistently. Now I'm trying it again. I'm still deliberating whether or not to post the morning's nonsense so if you'd like to see it just leave a comment. The last post here is a short little example of that.

Also I was thinking of putting up this little thing where people can chat with me when I'm logged on. I thought I might have some weekly discussion topics or something like that. We could talk philosophy, religion, politics, art, pop culture, bullshit, whatever. Let me know what you think.

Now, I haven't been getting much feedback from you. You're just sitting there reading while I'm doing all the work.
That just won't do.
I'd like to hear from you. So put all your thoughts down and start posting them in the comments sections. I'll respond to every single one of them I promise.

This week I'm learning I whole bunch of really interesting stuff. I'm getting a deeper understanding of Wittgenstein's writings, I'm learning some stuff about Tantric and Taoist sexual practices (fun!), I brushing up on my Kabbalah, I'm learning set theory, and I'll be reading a couple self-help books. So I'll be posting some crap about all of these topics throughout the week and if there's anything in particular that you'd like my opinion on just let me know.

I didn't do a post yesterday and for that I'm sorry. I just always seem to have trouble doing any kind of work on Sundays. It must be all those years of being raised Christian. "don't work on Sundays or you'll offend the lord" and all that shit. I heard that a few times growing up, mostly from teachers in school. But I'll do better next time.

Today I want to leave you with a list of personal development tools. These are the ones that I've used consistently over the years and have proven to be infinitely useful.

1. PhotoReading. A great compliment to anyone's arsenal of weapons with which to take heaven by force. Combine this with Image Streaming and mind mapping and you've got yourself a first class brain in a few easy lessons.

2.Kettlebells. The single most difficult (and therefore most effective) workout tool know to modern science. Exercise is vitally important to every aspect of one's life, from mental and emotional health, to the development of will power and discipline, to the expansion of one's usable reserves of energy.

3.Yoga. Here I'm not talking about that crap that everyone does. All the poses and stretching are good for emotional stability and they can be a decent form of exercise but the Yoga I'm talking about goes so much further it's not even funny. For a good treatment of this type of yoga check out Crowley's "Eight Lectures on Yoga" on the left in the books list. Fantastic.

4.Liber Jugorum. This is actually a branch of yoga but it's not explicitly presented as such. Suffice it to say that this is probably the single most useful exercise for the development of mental control, introspection, awareness, and concentration. Don't be squeamish and make sure you follow the directions to the letter.

5.Magick. This can be summed up succinctly with one word: Love. For books check out Liber ABA, and Transcendental Magic. These two will give you the best introduction to the subject and will lead you to further resources (if you need them).

6.Qabbalah. This should probably go under the magick heading but it's got so many uses it's hard to classify. It's a great memory tool when used as a peg system or mnemonic device. It helps deepen one's understanding of just about every concept imaginable and it can be used for practical magick. An all around useful tool.

7.Language. Learn to speak well and persuasively and the whole world can open up for you. NLP is a great place to start with this.

There are others, many others, but these are the indispensable ones that I've found. If I had to recommend a starting place I'd say go for Photoreading first. Learning how to read at 60,000+ words per minute will literally change your entire life. From there it's up to you but probably the next best step would be Liber Jugorum. Great stuff.

I've found free online resources for all of these topics so if you'd like me to give you the links or to guide you through somethings or if you just want to talk about something you can either leave a comment, subscribe (on the left) and I'll email you a whole bunch of stuff, or you can wait for me to put up that little chat window I'm going to put up. I'm always here to help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://aluejxfttk.com]gitrpW[/url] - PJLzhRomPonIHmVkH , http://iluubcb.com