Tuesday, May 1, 2007

PhotoReading

I want to start today by giving you a little glimpse of what is possible with some of the things that I mentioned in yesterday's post.
PhotoReading.
I started Photoreading back in 2002. It really took me a long time to fully realize the potential of the system. I started by trying to photoread the books that really piqued my interest but unfortunately they were way too hard for someone just starting out with the system. I didn't think it should make any difference so I just kept going. I had some success but I really wasn't properly utilizing the "whole mind system". I was basically trying to read with conscious comprehension every time I went through the material. That combined with difficult material caused a whole bunch of discouragement. I plodded along, revisited the course a couple times, forced my way through a couple years of college but never really realized how far I could really take this.
Then around this time last year I ordered the Photoreading accelerator course. It's just a couple of DVDs of Paul Scheele's photoreading seminar and a paraliminal CD. The instant I watched the DVDs and listened to the CD I realized what I was missing. I wasn't allowing myself to read with my mind. I was constantly trying to read with the old paradigm that reading occurs with the eyes, then with the mind as you go. With photoreading you have to suspend your need for conscious comprehension and allow yourself to listen to your intuition. Sounds a little hokey but it works, and well. Ever since then I've been able to read a 300 page book in about 30mins with the same level of comprehension that used to take me 4 hours or more. Not only that but because of the fact that you are using your internal faculties to read, and the fact that those faculties are closely intertwined with emotion you get a deep sense of involvement and pleasure from the reading. Even when the material is dry and technical I still get a very definite emotional response to the material, just like when I used to read novels. It's great stuff.

So now I can read 5-10 books in a day and I love it. I'll never go back to regular reading. It's so invigorating knowing that there are literally no limits to what I can learn.

If anyone out there doesn't believe me I'd be more than happy to accept any sort of learning challenge they can throw at me. Seriously, anything. I've already done a whole semester's worth of college classes in about a week (which included learning a bunch of Latin and writing papers for comparative literature), learned calculus in a week (both differential and integral), and now I've deepened my understanding of Wittgenstein's philosophy to the point where I could easily write a whole book on the Tractatus after only a few days.

I know its sound too good to be true but when you're really willing to open up to your true potential anything is possible. Anything.

No comments: