Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Markings of an Albino Cave Hoek

Hi all,
if you were wondering why I posted a seemingly detached set of arguments rambling to some unknown figure it's because I got a comment on my poem "we" below. I forgot to mention in the Lex Orandi post that it was actually a response. I'm sure Demosthenes realized that but others might not have. I would like to elaborate on some of the topics quite a bit but I think I'll leave it till after Demosthenes responds.

Also, Demosthenes, I was reviewing my response again and I realized I'm still at a loss for how to "intelligibly" translate your notions of authority and encroaching. Especially in the context you used I was able to work myself into a few different interpretations. I think I used the interpretation that makes the most sense to me but that may not be consistent with your intentions. I'd enjoy it very much if you'd elaborate.

On to bigger and better things.

I had planned on developing a social experiment of sorts this week but I think I might leave it until next week. It was going to be an experiment in revealing to you your blind, unconscious, responses to sensationalism. I wanted to provide a context then bombard my blog with... stuff...
I will still do it, just not today and probably not tomorrow. I just have a couple other things I'd like to work on.

As a bit of an aside, I was wondering if anyone knows of any good resources for learning Mandarin Chinese? I've set a goal of becoming at least conversationally fluent in three months. I plan to test myself by going to china town and if I can keep a conversation going then I pass, if I can't then I'll put some more work into it.
I haven't been this excited to learn something in a while! It'll have to wait at least two weeks before I start giving it a good effort though. I've got too much on my plate right now to be tackling Chinese on top of everything else.

I'll post something a little more interesting later today. I hate reading bullshit posts like this on other people's blogs. "Get on with already" I say. "Say something useful!"

No comments: