Monday, May 21, 2007

Back to Demosthenes

Hello again Demosthenes (I'm curious why you chose that name), I just read your response and wanted to tell you something that may or may not change what you think of my piece (I don't think it's my best work of poetry, honestly I only published it because I thought someone might get a kick out of it).
First of all I often deliberately omit conclusions, a thesis, and incorporate a bunch of incoherence into some of my work. That’s part of the structure. The lack of "foot or measure" is just a cosmetic reflection of that (as is much of the wording).
This has honestly been a large part of my poetic work for a number of years.
Secondly a couple years ago I had the good fortune to meet with a couple of very respected "authorities" on poetry; Dr. Manijeh Mannani of the U. of A. and Dr.Ted Blodget (I think I spelled his name right). Both of these individuals are quite respected in their fields (Comparative Lit. and English Lit. respectively) and both have said that they have a lot of respect for my work, (including the above idea) and when we were discussing my early work Mannani confessed that she believes I'm the greatest poetic genius she's had the pleasure to talk with.

I just wanted to bring these points to the table for you to consider while I prepare a more formal refutation to many of your statements.
BTW I'd really like to read your thesis on the holographic universe if you'd be so kind as to share it.

No comments: