Tuesday, April 24, 2007

More high school poetry.

Yet another high school poem. This one has a similar story as the last one. I was sitting in drama class and this girl was pretending to die. She was a horrible loud mouth whose voice was absolutely wrenching. I just started the first couple lines based on her performance and the rest just kinda slipped out. I still like it. It has a decent pace and rhythm. I can't remember why I called it "journals".


Journals
I never knew the sound of death till
One took it to herself to die in mocking.
A gasp and rasp in voice befit her
As she grabbed and clenched her chest in laughing.
She fell to fear the ground that called her
But joked that dying comes when falling.
She cried a creed and fell when calling,
Out and up she winked a sigh and
Coughed and closed her eyes to all then
Looked up, laughed and died some more.
We all gathered, gawked and groped at
Her as writhing sang to us.
Then quite quick, as soon as starting,
She up and up and lived again.
She saw us gassed from groping gawking.
She saw us, smiled and pulled from her
The nagging, death knell, tolling needle
Then filled it, killed it and died for real.

No comments: