Monday, April 23, 2007

A New Conclusion to my Ethical Theory

The world is all that is the case.
The world can be viewed in a similar way that a body can be.
There are individual elements to the world just as cells in a body.
The world is not made up of the interactions between these elements but rather the interactions are a reflection of the world as a whole.
Each element in the world has a purpose.
The fulfillment of that purpose creates the unity of the world. This is the harmony of things.
The harmony of the world is evidenced in the dependence of each element on every other element.
Harmony creates efficiency just as much as vice versa.
The world craves and creates efficiency.
The purpose (the function for which the individual is best suited) of each individual can be recognized through careful examination of the choices, inclinations, and available circumstances of the individual.
The recognition of purpose allows the individual to fulfill that purpose efficiently.
The efficiency with which the individual fulfills their purpose is sufficient for either an objective or subjective observer to label those actions as either worthy or unworthy of approbation.
The purpose of the world and its "desire" for harmony lies in the singularity of existence and is necessarily apart from the duality of common reason.
The support for this lies in experience not in logic.
"Success is thy proof" -- Liber AL vel. Legis. sub figura 220.

I finally crystallized my thoughts but I'm still not sure if I'm entirely satisfied with it. I'll leave it as it is for now and I invite comments and criticisms but I'm going to be refining it constantly over the next few weeks. Also since I made a couple fairly questionable statements I'm going to be clarifying them with some examples and what not. Essentially though this is the philosophy upon which my entire life is built. It is heavily influenced by the philosophy of Aleister Crowley and The Book of the Law but I am not willing to claim that this is anything more than a personal interpretation of those works and that no one else should ever follow my example except in that they came to it on their own.

No comments: