Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Where do I go to be at Peace with the World?

here's a little poem that I wrote in high school. The question of the title was an assignment. We just had to answer the question. I like being dramatic sometimes.

Where do I go to be at peace with the world?

I go to the depths of the empyrean,
I sit in the basking glow of the dawning sun
‘Till the morrow’s eve breaks and the holy stars consume the day.
I sit in fields of grass and launder there ‘till
Shrubs devour themselves in the thought that I,
Like they, have not yet seen tomorrow’s burden.
I sit in a desolate room with no consoling hand
Upon my shoulder to help bring ends to ends
And cease the rolling thunder of pounding tears.
I sit perched, stooped and waiting, upon the edge of
The Abyss, peering down, holding on to reason
As the death knell tolls it’s final breath for life.
I sit to be at peace in the postures of the yogi
And as the trance consumes I see that peace is ever
With me but hidden by distractions.
I sit and revel in the shadow of the entire world
And hear the dreadful screams of the people
And I know that I will be at peace forever.

No comments: